Terms & Conditions – Britain’s Best Home Cook - Programme
- You must be aged 18 or above.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK (inc Isle of Man and Channel Islands) but you do not need to be a British citizen to participate.
- You must be able to commit to all the filming days required It is expected that the maximum number of filming days required will not exceed 24 days.
- You must not be connected to or be closely related to a member of BBC staff, a Keo Films employee or anyone associated with the Programme.
- Any photo or video footage you submit should preferably include your personal information only. If you do include any personal information of a third party in your photo or video footage (for example the image of another person is included in your photo), then you confirm that you have their permission to submit their personal information in connection with your application.
- If you are shortlisted or chosen to participate in the programme, you may be asked to authorise Keo Films to conduct background checks (including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks) in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide them with any assistance or further information necessary to do this.
- Submission of an application form and compliance with the terms of this application form does not in any way constitute an offer to appear on the Programme. Please note that we will be unable to return completed forms and any supporting photographs or video footage.
- When selecting applicants for this series, the following will be taken into account: cooking ability, culinary potential, enthusiasm, drive, personality, motivation and inspiration, age, geography, experience, skill, hobbies and other interests. Initial selection will be based on the application forms and telephone interviews. In addition the Producers may (but may not) invite short listed applicants to attend an audition at their discretion. The Production team's decisions regarding selection are entirely at their discretion and are final.
- If you are selected to take part in the programme you agree to sign a contributor consent form and grant all necessary rights.
- You agree to inform Keo Films if any details included in this application change.
- No prize or reward (cash or otherwise) will be awarded to the competition winner or for participation in the programme.
- If invited to an audition we are unable to cover expenses at the initial stage. If invited for a second audition or any other meeting Keo Films will cover costs if previously agreed with production in writing.
- If you are chosen to participate in the filming Keo Films will re-imburse all reasonable expenses as agreed in advance with the production team that you incur as a result of your participation.
Please note – owing to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any unsuccessful applicants directly.
Important information about the use of your data
- Personal information which you supply to Keo Films during the application, audition and casting process will only be used in association with the development and/or production of the programme and your participation therein.
- Your personal information (including in any photos or video footage you submit) will be shared with members of the programme production team and relevant staff at the broadcaster of the programme and may be shared with the broadcaster’s insurers.
- Keo Films will ensure that any information provided for the purpose of producing the programme will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- All information will be kept in the EEA and kept secure and treated as confidential and will only be disclosed with your permission (including any permissions you give here or in the rest of the application process). In submitting this application form you are consenting to us using your personal information as set out in this section.
- You have the right of access to the information held and used by us. If at any point you decide that you no longer want us to hold, use or process any of your personal information or you want to update your contact details please email us at email@example.com stating the name of the programme, and we will amend or remove your personal information from our records.